No matter what industry you’re in, strong relationships are key to getting to the next level. This is especially important for actors and their agents. This is true wherever you’re at in your career, yet, many actors don’t invest the time or energy into cultivating a deeper connection with their reps.
Becoming a movie extra or background performer involves a few basic steps:
1. Take a good quality actor’s headshot
2. Research background talent agencies in your area
3. Contact the agencies for sign-up info, open calls etc.
4. Register with at least one background casting agency
5. Submit your work authorization documentation and take any additional photos they require
6. Begin working as a non-union extra right away!