Originally published March 12, 2020 and is continually updated If you look at professionals in any industry, they are constantly honing their skills. As actors, we are told to “always be in class”, and while this is vitally important, it’s only one piece of the puzzle in being at the
No matter what industry you’re in, strong relationships are key to getting to the next level. This is especially important for actors and their agents. This is true wherever you’re at in your career, yet, many actors don’t invest the time or energy into cultivating a deeper connection with their reps.
The VoiceOver industry has really taken off in the last 10 years. Partially due to demand and the high volume of internet projects, but also because of the ease of setting up a home recording studio and to be able to deliver high-quality audio quickly and cost effectively. If you’re
Becoming a movie extra or background performer involves a few basic steps:
1. Take a good quality actor’s headshot
2. Research background talent agencies in your area
3. Contact the agencies for sign-up info, open calls etc.
4. Register with at least one background casting agency
5. Submit your work authorization documentation and take any additional photos they require
6. Begin working as a non-union extra right away!