When I first wrote this article, I talked about the normal slowdowns the film and television industry experiences every year; right after pilot season, in the summer after episodics finish shooting, and end of year holidays over the Christmas / Hanukkah / New Years break. But there are exceptions: This
Becoming a movie extra or background performer involves a few basic steps:
1. Take a good quality actor’s headshot
2. Research background talent agencies in your area
3. Contact the agencies for sign-up info, open calls etc.
4. Register with at least one background casting agency
5. Submit your work authorization documentation and take any additional photos they require
6. Begin working as a non-union extra right away!