Here are the top 7 steps to start auditioning for acting roles and booking paying jobs
1. Learn How To Act
2. Get Your First Headshot and Resume
3. Sign Up for Online Casting Sites
4. Start Submitting for Non-Paying Acting Roles
5. Get Some Acting Credits and Build Your Resume
6. Take an Audition Technique Classes
7. Put Together an Acting Reel or Demo Footage
Becoming a movie extra or background performer involves a few basic steps:
1. Take a good quality actor’s headshot
2. Research background talent agencies in your area
3. Contact the agencies for sign-up info, open calls etc.
4. Register with at least one background casting agency
5. Submit your work authorization documentation and take any additional photos they require
6. Begin working as a non-union extra right away!
The entertainment industry may seem like a glamorous business where evening gowns are plentiful, everyone has a Beverly Hills mansion and dreams come true! But in reality it is one of the toughest professions around. Rejection is hard – always, for everyone. It’s even more so difficult in a profession